Spermatophytes (seed plants): Angiosperms (flowering plants): Eudicots: Core Eudicots: Asterids: Ericales
Dig deeper at SERNEC, a consortium of southeastern herbaria.
Manual of the Southeastern Flora (Small, 1933, 1938)
Vine-wicky, Climbing Fetterbush, Climbing Wicky
To see larger pictures, click or hover over the thumbnails.
Will Stuart wil_8578178428_5881ea1cdd
March Pickens County SC
SC Botanical Garden
The only viny member of the Ericaceae in the United States, per Flora of North America.
Shrub; Woody vine
Native to South Carolina & Georgia
NEW! Click here to see a map from Weakley's Flora of the Southeastern US showing range and abundance.
Click here to see a map showing all occurrences known to SERNEC, a consortium of southeastern herbaria. (Zoom in to see more detail.)
Weakly 5-ridged cylindric-urceolate corolla
10 included stamens
TO LEARN MORE about this plant, look it up in a good book!
- Atlantic Coastal Plain Wildflowers p131
- Guide to the Wildflowers of SC p320
- Native Shrubs and Woody Vines of the Southeast p110
- Wildflowers of the Carolina Lowcountry p191
- Woody Plants of the Southeastern US: A Winter Guide p236